Principal Software Systems Engineer - R&D Nutrition
Req #: JR - 001405
Location: Round Lake, IL US
Job Category: Research and Development
Date Posted: 6/20/2019 4:17:14 PM
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We're looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
The Principal Software Systems Engineer will explore, develop and deliver innovative healthcare solutions in alignment with the Clinical Nutrition strategic direction and operational priorities. The incumbent will apply a solid understanding of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria as part of the software development lifecycle toward the development of new or enhanced software products or processes. As a key contributor of the engineering development team for the next generation pharmacy compounding system, the Principal Software Systems Engineer may plan, schedule, and lead project assignments using various engineering techniques, processes, and methods with minimal guidance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Planning and execution of a smaller project or defined piece of a larger project. This includes constructing detailed, accurate project schedules, interfacing with development groups and technical support groups
* Devises new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
* May supervise/coordinate an engineer and/or technicians on assigned work throughout the software development lifecycle.
* Design, architecture or development of software.
* Collaborating with internal cross functional teams, end users, and third party contacts to design, develop, document and maintain software architecture deliverables for various projects for both embedded and application software.
* Transforming software requirements into a software architecture.
* Identify various concepts and design alternatives.
* A solid technical understanding of the principles and procedures of software engineering (e.g. SDLC, IEC 62304, CMMI, Agile).
* Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise.
* Ability to convince management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods.
* Effectively operate in and may facilitate cross-functional teams.
* Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
* Experience with embedded or application software development.
* Passionate about software quality and be prepared to advocate on behalf of good process and best practices.
* Proficient in system engineering principles, methods, and techniques, including Requirements Management, Risk Management and Configuration Management.
* Desired: Experience with medical device software engineering disciplines (e.g. software development environments, configuration management tools, code inspection techniques and tools, testing methods and test management tools).
* BS.in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field and 5 - 8 years of related experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
About Baxter International
Baxter International develops, manufactures and markets healthcare products.