Azure Database for PostgreSQL is the newest service added to the family of relational database services provided in Microsoft Azure. We are expanding the choice of database services in Azure and need your help to meet our customers' demand. Our team is part of Database Systems organization and building the PostgreSQL service on the common platform supporting all relational database workloads and leveraging the scale of our global presence in all Azure datacenters. We are looking for PostgreSQL experts, tinkers, enthusiast, contributors. We are looking for people passionate about tackling the breadth of issues coming from running online services, such as improving availability, scalability, query performance and processing, storage and networking optimizations, operating systems integration, and more. If you would like to help us make Azure the best place to run PostgreSQL database workloads, please let us know.
* 10+ years of programming experience in C OR C++ OR C# OR Java OR object-oriented programming
* 2+ years of people management experience.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline
* Professional experience with at least one relational database systems, ideally PostgreSQL. Deep systems background with strong fundamentals in OS and databases.
* Experience building and shipping production grade software or services
* High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
* Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
* Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner• Great curiosity and willingness to question
* Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems
* Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers
* Passion for growing team, culture and always hiring.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Here's a little introduction to our team:
* We spend our days collaborating with, teaching, and learning from a diverse set of world class engineers. We develop, test, and check code in every day.
* We are obsessed with customers and make data-driven decisions using telemetry collected from customers and production systems.
* We take time to build the engineering systems that allow us to focus on new problems and reduce overhead.
* We look for opportunities to use existing technologies and are at the forefront of Microsoft's embracing of open source.
* We have alluring solutions that no one in the industry had dared to build because the problems are breathtakingly challenging. That's why we need you!
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.