Microsoft Teams is one of the most powerful application to enable user to do meeting, calling and modern Collaboration. We are building more than a product and trying to change work and life for the better. We need people who are enthusiastic and enjoy collaborating with a cross-functional team. We hire talented people, expect everyone to learn and grow, and trust everyone to make day-to-day decisions.
As a Principal Engineering Manager, you will be leading a team of engineers spanning all aspects of software engineering life cycle. We need someone who is hands-on, detail-oriented, and obsessed with building a world-class user experience. The day to day responsibilities include a blend of technical, hands-on leadership with excellent people management/leadership and talent attraction skills.
What you'll be doing:
* Leading a team of around 8 mobile engineers (iOS and Android)
* Mentoring people, helping them grow, and develop their careers
* Partnering with a Product Manager to lead feature execution across engineering disciplines to deliver great experiences
* Providing oversight, accountability, and leadership for technical decisions
* Collaborating with other product and engineering teams at Microsoft Teams and the rest of Microsoft
* Minimum 10 years software development experience, including 2+ years of lead or management experience.
* Excellent programming skills in mobile app development and/or backend services in cloud
* Excellent software design skills, including exceptional low-level class design ability
* Exposure to Azure and service development as well as web and mobile platforms is a preferred advantage
* BS degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science and Engineering.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We're looking for someone who:
* Has 8+ years of software engineering experience building applications as a lead.
* Has deep mobile experience on iOS and Android platforms and worked with large scale apps
* Has worked with large, legacy codebases and experience evolving them
* Goes above and beyond to create high-quality, stable products that customers enjoy using
* Brings people together across teams to successfully collaborate on innovative solutions
* Creates an inclusive and fun work environment where every employee engages effectively
* Cares deeply about growing people, is an excellent coach, and acts as a role model
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.