Are you passionate about working with customers? Are you excited to learn new technologies? Would you rather be coding than whiteboarding? If the answer is yes, then we want you to join our team. You will be leading a team of talented software engineers working with customers on high impact projects using emerging technologies.
Our team, CSE (Commercial Software Engineering), works side by side with customers to help them tackle their toughest technical problems both in the cloud and on the edge. We meet customers where they are, work in the languages they use, with the open source frameworks they use, on the operating systems they use. We work with enterprises and startups across many industries from financial services to manufacturing, as well as a broad spectrum of domains including IoT, machine learning, and high scale compute. Our "super power" is that we work closely with both our customers' engineering teams and Microsoft's product engineering teams, developing real-world expertise that we put to use to help our customers grow their business and help Microsoft improve our products and services.
If you like variety, coding in many languages, using technology from across our industry, and digging in with customers to make a real, then we want to talk with you. Add, if you enjoy participating in hackfests, occasional travel, and telling your story, then you are the one we are looking to hireJ.
We are very community focused in our work, with one foot in Microsoft and one foot in the open source communities. We make pull requests on open source projects to add support for Microsoft platforms and/or improve existing implementations. We build frameworks and other tools to make it easier for developers to use Microsoft platforms. We build on thoughts and ideas of others by maintaining very deep connections with these communities, customers and partners that use them.
Does this job sound like it was created for you? If you have read this far, then it likely is the job you have been looking for and we would love to meet you.
* 10+ years of shipping production software
* A Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
* Strong service delivery experience including architecture and coding, and ideally building cloud services.
* We do not require deep expertise in all software stacks that customers use. However, we do look for people who can quickly ramp up on new languages and technologies. One litmus test of this is deep understanding in at least one software stack (and preferably more).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Leading and mentoring a team of 5 to 6 developers.
* Giving thoughtful feedback, nurturing a rigorous engineering environment, and providing context for team members to grow.
* Exhibiting technical leadership throughout the broader CSE organization and the OSS community.
* Developing positive relationships with Microsoft product teams and other field organizations.
* Guiding your team to design, implement, schedule, and deliver value alongside our customers. This includes hands-on coding with your team.
* Maintaining and improving on our delivery standards by executing and building our fundamental engineering playbook.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.