Any Developer. Any App. Any Platform. Microsoft continues to make big investments to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Developer Tools group at Microsoft creates modern tools & services that help developers build apps & services for a variety of platforms, including Windows, iOS, Android, Azure - Microsoft's cloud, and many more.
Our tools help a wide spectrum of developers all the way from professional developers to middle school students. We create solutions together in a rich, collaborative environment and while we work hard together, work/life balance and having fun are also core values. Make your mark, learn about a wide array of technologies, make an impact, and make developers the most successful and productive developers in the world!
The Python & AI Tool team within the Developer Tools Group at Microsoft is responsible for building best-in-class support for data scientists and Python developers in Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code. We build the most-downloaded extension for VS Code with over 30 million downloads, integrate tools like Azure Machine Learning into VS Code, own the Python workload in Visual Studio, and build Microsoft's Python debugger and language server (Intellisense engine).
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us scale. Come and be a part of a team working on open-source tools and components supporting one of the fastest growing and most loved programming languages!
* 8+ years of industry experience developing commercial software
* 4+ years of experience leading engineering teams
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Foster a collaborative environment to build features in our tools, ship them to customers frequently and drive a culture where we learn from customer feedback
* Design, and build simple, performant, and powerful experiences in developer tools. The software you build will help millions of developers all over the world.
* Be a model leader for a team where learning from peers and growing as a team is a core principle. Help us mentor and grow the next generation of language tool developers
* Bring a strong design sense that will help us architect solutions across a fast-evolving technical landscape that can power our tools for years to come
* Innovate on difficult technical problems in a foundational space that will affect these new platforms
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.