OneDrive and SharePoint are the fastest growing services at Microsoft. As we continue to grow our market share, we are faced with many core infrastructure and scale challenges driving a need to build resilient systems while ensuring no customers are impacted throughout the change management lifecycle. The OneDrive and SharePoint team is looking for a motivated and strong Principal Software Engineering Manager to be a part of this journey.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to modernize our service management stack by working with key partners across O365 and Microsoft allowing us to scale to the next hundreds of millions of monthly active users and improve our availability, reliability, security and performance posture. You will guide a team of engineers, mentoring them through this journey and providing technical and architectural leadership as we evolve the deployment service to meet our scale demands.
* BS in Computer Science or related technical field
* 8+ years of Professional Software design and development experience with at least one of C/C++/C#/Java
* Prior experience with developing large high-volume services, with service-oriented development and cloud-based systems.
* Demonstrated commitment to the success of others, as a leader in the team you will be expected to mentor and manage junior developers.
* Good communication skills and a track record of cross-group/cross-discipline collaboration.
* Quick learner who thrives in an ambiguous environment.
* Team player with a positive attitude.
* Excellent collaboration skills and ability to be adaptable and agile in development
* Demonstrated experience as a technical lead or people manager
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for a smart, agile, and intellectually curious engineering manager who loves creating and building things that delight and protect our customers. You will be working with a team of amazing engineers reporting to you, other peer engineering managers, PM and designers, and work closely with our partners across Microsoft.
* Define and communicate a vision to our engineering team and senior leaders, along with the roadmap to get there.
* Lead a team of talented, motivated engineers to redefine and improve how we build, validate, integrate, and deploy our services and cloud-based experiences.
* Make architectural, design, and implementation contributions within your team and the partner ecosystem
* Provide thoughtful feedback, nurturing a rigorous engineering environment, and providing context for team members to grow.
* Push quality upstream by incorporating automated quality gates into our dev inner loop, integration, and deployment workflows.
* Improve our code integration and delivery process to get fixes and features to our customers faster.
* Raise engineering efficiency while reinforcing our team's quality, accountability, ownership, and growth-mindset culture.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.