In fiscal 2018, Microsoft delivered $110.4 billion in revenue powered by our commercial software offerings and cloud, consumer and gaming offerings. Our commercial cloud business represents tremendous growth for the company and needs to be powered by an agile and fast-moving commerce system.
The Commerce and Revenue Services team, under Cloud + Ecosystems, delivers core services at scale that power large scale commerce across Microsoft. Our mission is to provide the richest commerce capabilities and trusted financials that enables growth for Microsoft through business model innovations.
The role requires a strong Engineering Manager with the following competencies
* History of growing innovative teams and recruiting strong talent
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical disciplines, or 4 years of relevant work experience
* 12+ years of design and services development experience
* 7+ years of people management experience
* 7+ years in one or more programming languages such as: C/C++, C#, Java
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
We are looking for a strong technical Engineering Manager that can lead the team to deliver scalable architecture, design systems with the right abstractions on complex problems that are composable, enable agile and fast delivery of new requirements.
Manage and grow a team of leaders that includes Software Engineers and Program Managers in defining and executing the platform and feature roadmap. Establish and ensure solutions meet the teams OKRs and delight our customers. Work closely with Engineering Leaders across C+E to collaborate, deliver solutions and be accountable for the results.
This role will require working with remote teams with infrequent travel a few times/year.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
* Strong product and service design to create lasting systems that can cope with fast changing needs from our customers and partners
* An end-to-end focus of challenges and what is needed for success, from business scenarios/customers working closely with partners
* Strong communication skills to create shared understanding of complex models effectively
* Able to partner successfully across teams working through design and prioritization conflicts
* Identify and address inefficiencies, what does not scale, what causes more risk over time
* Creates innovative solutions and abstractions to create designs that enable a step function increase in our platform capabilities
* Experience developing services on EAP/PilotFish and Azure cloud platform
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.