Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building the Microsoft IoT platform which will support a commanding share of the 50 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade.
You will be working in a leadership role within the Azure IoT Platform team that builds and runs Azure IoT's flagship services like IoT Hub, IoT Device Provisioning and the Azure Digital Twins service in the cloud and on-premise. These services are responsible for high telemetry throughput, device management, and bi-directional communications between IoT devices and the cloud. Candidates will be leading multiple teams that enable massive scale, stateful cloud and cloud-hybrid applications that are self-managing and can be operated with ease in public or private datacenters around the world, enable secure interconnection for millions of devices to and from the cloud, and develop distributed systems capable of scaling to millions of transactions per second at sub-second latencies.
Join us in helping drive our mission to offer the most scalable, powerful, and secure IoT platform empowering businesses ranging from startups to Fortune 100 enterprises to achieve more. You will be an important part of a team of highly motivated and talented individuals and this is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career and influence the next generation of distributed systems platform for Microsoft.
Successful candidates should have a strong experience in building and managing world class engineering teams, healthy appetite for tackling hard and ambiguous problems, solid Computer Science fundamentals and sharp technical design skills.
* 10+ years of experience in software development
* 6+ years of people management experience
* 2+ years of experience managing multiple teams
* Experience in leading the development of IaaS / PaaS services for a Cloud Platform
* Experience in leading the development of high scale cloud services hosted in Azure
* Experience building high performance data access layers on top of either a SQL or NoSQL database
* Strong ability to attract, hire, and retain top talent
* Excellent communication, cross group collaboration skills and ability to deal with ambiguity
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
* Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Lead multiple engineering teams building out scalable systems and services for managing hundreds of millions of devices connected to Azure IoT service in a massively scalable data store and supporting complex queries over it.
* Help in building out, mentoring, and nurturing a world class team.
* Solve big integration ecosystem challenges, like:
* Support clients running on a wide variety of platforms, from embedded devices and smartphones to traditional PCs.
* Design and develop highly-efficient code that scales to hundreds of millions of devices at minimal operational costs.
* Drive implementation / integration of standardized, industry-wide protocols such as MQTTS, AMQPS, HTTPS and Websockets
* Work directly with major customers in the industry to both diagnose and provide solutions for their technical scenarios.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.