The foundational experience team in E+D is focused on the delivery and growth of innovative, modern user experiences that help our customers achieve more on their Windows powered devices.
We believe data is key to achieving our goals. Data informs the customer and business opportunities we go after. Data helps ensure that customers have personalized and relevant content at their fingertips. Data is how we gauge the health of our products. Data is essential in these modern Windows experiences… and to power that data we need a modern data platform as well as world class data governance and processes.
We're looking for a strong, experienced technical leader who is passionate about data and can help us power and foster a data-driven culture here in the Windows foundational experiences team.
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience.
* 5+ years leading teams of software engineers (ideally including remote reports).
* Understanding of cloud computing technologies such as - Azure Core Platform; Data Platform: SQL, Azure DB ; Application development & debugging experience; Power BI, PowerApps
* Clear history of taking ownership of software projects and teams, including collecting feedback and requirements, producing technical designs, guiding other team members, and iterating on the resulting software with users over time.
* Excellent analytical skills with systematic and structured approach to software design
* Data driven, customer focused, and organized.
* Cultural sensitivity and a proven ability to work with teams and partners across multiple geographies.
* Demonstrated ability to recruit and develop global teams
* A sense of personal ownership is required, together with the ability to deliver to deadlines while managing internal stakeholder expectations.
* Self-motivated with a drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively.
* MBA not required, but a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Grow and develop a team of talented engineers capable of developing and running a scalable, reliable, effective, and compliant data platform.
* Enable the Windows foundational experiences to do more with data across all aspects of the development lifecycle.
* Foster a data-driven culture as well as a culture of experimentation across the organization.
* Architect new and improve upon existing data platform offerings with a fundamental understanding of the end-to-end scenarios.
* Collaborate with local and geographically distributed teams, including Program Managers and engineers across Microsoft.
* Provide technical guidance and system level design leadership.
* Collaborate with partner teams and customers to scope and deliver projects.
* Create robust career development plans to help grow team members.
* Appropriately prioritize projects in order to maximize the impact of the work across not only the foundational experience team, but across all of E+D and in some cases across the company.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.