Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver the ultimate entertainment experience through our community of connected consumers, advertisers, and media content providers. Through our connected entertainment platform, VIZIO is transforming the way consumers discover and experience media content. Since our founding in California in 2002, VIZIO has built an industry-leading brand of products, including televisions, sound bars and other devices. VIZIO's product leadership is highlighted by a number of industry reviews and awards, making the 2018 collection the most awarded in company history.
Our Seattle and Dallas locations are fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environments that primarily focus on VIZIO's SmartCast product line.
The primary responsibility of the Software Engineering Manager is to provide hands-on leadership for a full-stack development team. The perfect candidate will be an experienced people manager who also possesses strong technical knowledge in system architecture, engineering, development, and operations. You will have a strong understanding of large-scale computing solutions and ensure delivery within a fast-paced business. You will have previous experience managing a software engineering team that has implemented automated solutions across a variety of applications and systems. You will take responsibility for the quality of your service, and regardless of their source, strive to prevent faults from impacting your customers. As a leader, you will be highly motivated, charismatic, with an inquisitive mind, and able to handle the diversity that comes with managing a team.
* Build and grow your team: You will be accountable for building an engineering team that delivers results. This means you will wear a lot of hats -- from coaching individuals, to leading technical discussions, recruiting, establishing processes, and so on. You will work to grow more leaders within your group.
* Own technical vision and direction: You are able to architect efficient solutions, identify and mitigate risks, construct project schedules, and prepare status reports. You have the ability to drive a product from beginning to end, knowing that once operational the data-driven metrics allow for informed decision making on the success of a product.
* Collaborate on product direction: You will build and maintain strong relationships between engineering and partner disciplines (Product, Program Management, User Experience, QA) to ensure that we are focused on delivering the right product for customers.
* Lead beyond your team: You will be a key part of a small but growing community of engineering leaders who support their teams and contribute to the overall growth of our product development organization. You will share your best practices and technical acumen in order to drive technology decisions across our organization.
* Drive team success: You understand deliverable requirements and strive to deliver robust and highly operable services. Knowing your team owns and operates the systems built.
Desired skills and experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 5+ years' experience as a people manager
* 5+ years' experience in software architecture
* Highly proficient with one or more modern programming language (C#, Java, Ruby, Python, etc.)
* Ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision from manager, to achieve engineering goals
Nice to have:
* Experience with NOSQL databases such as MongoDB
* Experience with micro-services architecture
* Experience with Linux systems
* Experience with Jira and Confluence
* Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory, Jenkins, Puppet
* Experience working in a fast-paced startup-like environment
VIZIO Services, LLC, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Vizio designs, manufactures and markets high-definition LCD/LED flat panel televisions and other home entertainment products.