We are the Microsoft 365 Substrate Intelligence team, the platform that enables developers and data scientists to build a new breed of intelligent AI models and applications on Office 365 and the Microsoft Cloud. By incorporating machine learning techniques and data analytics into the services we deliver, we enable highly personalized, self-learning experiences and suggestions that make each user be more productive every time they use the service.
We are building a knowledge platform that should scale for hundreds of millions of enterprise users. We are looking for smart, passionate engineers at many levels to help us power and deliver on this mission. This opportunity will allow you to make a broad positive impact across many critical domains of one of the most mission-critical services in the world - such as email services, highly scalable map-reduce compute, machine learning platform, data analytics, service and data engineering, security, compliance and service management.
We want you because you have a strong passion for technology, constant intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn, ability to communicate well in a team environment, a desire to make our team better with your contributions and for your ability to deliver the right results on time.
* Demonstrated experience in performance tuning on Spark related technologies is very highly preferred
* 5+ years of experience with coding in Java, Scala, Python or C#.
* A Master's degree (or bachelor's degree with 5+ years of work experience equivalent) in computer science or a related field.
* Familiarity with highly scalable distributed micro services handling thousands of requests per second
* Preferred experience in building large-scale services on cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS
* Big Data experience is desirable
These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Join a team responsible for designing and implementing highly scalable distributed cloud services
* Strong customer passion, accountability and drive who can take initiative and accomplish big goals
* An entrepreneurial spirit with a can-do attitude: Owner, self-starter, project finisher and adaptable
* Great communicator, able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies
* Strong design and problem-solving skills, with a bias for designing at scale
* Hands-on experience at shipping a large scale, commercial, online-software solutions.
* Collaborate inside and outside the team, and across remote development locations.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.