Are you interested in a start-up like environment, excited about cloud computing technology and driving growth in one of Microsoft's core infrastructure team? If so, then look no further than the Datacenter Inventory Engineering Team!
Our world-class Inventory engineering team is focused on developing software services and applications which accurately track, record, and manage inventory in Microsoft data centers. These services and applications help run our datacenters, plan for cloud capacity, deployment of servers, spare management, and increase security for data stored in the cloud.
The services we are building include both web APIs and web applications using Microsoft cloud Azure technologies. Our services are used world-wide in Microsoft Datacenters to power-up cloud and other big businesses in Microsoft. Some example use cases involve inventory receipts, tracking inventory movements/chain of custody, spare planning, returns and on-wire component tracking. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. The systems we build are critical to the continued growth of the Microsoft cloud.
We are seeking a qualified candidate for a Principal Software Engineer to own the interfaces, instrumentation and analytics of our inventory enabling us to identify, receipts, movements and destination of inventory of all types. The candidate will be a critical member of a team responsible for utilizing telemetry to ensure the quality of our inventory tracking enabling chain of custody. We need a thought leader and visionary to come help us in this revolution.
If you want to have fundamental impact on how Microsoft's Cloud is managed and operated globally, want to be involved with one of the most strategically important teams at Microsoft, and have both strong leadership and development skills, then apply for this job.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
You must MUST possess the following attributes:
* A BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
* C#, C++, Java or other object-oriented programming experience
* 10+ years of experience building reliable, distributed systems at scale
* Real passion for understanding key business problems and opportunities, and for setting and driving towards measurable goals
* Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a great teammate.
* Excellent collaboration and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to develop key partnerships
* Experience in designing systems and processes for running services particularly with scale, drive cost and operational efficiency, continuous integration, and monitoring
* Great analytical skills, and high intellectual horsepower
* Experience in cloud development principles and patterns, particularly loosely coupled architectures and micro-services
Preferred, not required:
* Experience with Machine learning or Artificial Intelligence
* Experience with Azure or AWS
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Own a functional area or a large project
* Mentor junior developers and lead the team
* Work with other engineering teams to design features which span multiple systems.
* Work with users and business partners to evaluate functional requirements.
* Design systems and drive projects which require multiple software engineers.
* Own and Participate in team design reviews.
* Participate in team sprint planning.
* Design and build web APIs using C#, Rest, Azure, and SQL Server.
* Debug and handle production issues.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.