Principal Software Engineer
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
The L3 Interstate Electronics Corporation Division was founded in 1956 and for over 60 years IEC has played a key role in the most successful defense system of modern history. Headquartered in Anaheim, CA, IEC is a recognized industry leader in defense and security solutions, providing critical technology advancements in the areas of GPS/ Position Navigation and Timing, and Range and Test Solutions.
L3 is seeking a highly motivated software engineer for the GPS signal processing software development team. Successful candidate will be a subject matter expert performing complex professional software engineering assignments requiring expertise covering a range of the GPS domain within a team environment.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for development and maintenance of the Signal Processing aspects of military GPS receivers, including detection, tracking, position and timing.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Position requires a Bachelor or Master's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) or related discipline.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in one or more of the following: GPS concepts, standard user host interfaces, signal processing or navigation user equipment, automated embedded system testing, military GPS receivers, Matlab, digital signal processing or tracking loops.
Required Technical Experience:
* Hands on real-time embedded C development experience that includes recent lab activities integrating with, and debugging on, target hardware.
* Strong math background, signal processing, signal detection and tracking, and Matlab (or Pandas) experience.
* Experience in developing in a multi-processor environment.
* Demonstrates a desire and the ability to learn a complex SW architecture and GPS user equipment.
* Experience in developing software requirements and software design based on system requirements and system design.
* Contributed to and used DOD type software documentation.
* Experience supporting end user integration.
* Experience with software methodologies such as Structured Analysis/Design and/or Object Oriented Technologies, UML, Agile/SCRUM.
This job might be for you if:
* You enjoy problem solving and taking on challenges
* You like helping people and leading teams
* You pay attention to details
* You can think on your feet
* You take initiative to learn new things and propose new ideas
* You like working with customers, program management, and business development to support working group meetings, demos, presentations, and brain-storming new concepts
* You like mentoring junior engineers
Our software engineering team is a family of hard-working critical thinkers who like to collaborate and push the envelope of next-gen GPS innovation.
Special Requirements: Active DoD Secret Clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for access to DoD classified information.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.