Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are Cloud Solutions and part of Oracle Applications Labs, the team that builds and runs Oracle's corporate systems. We have two missions: show case Oracle Cloud OCI and PAAS through internal systems development that run in our public Cloud.
In Cloud Solutions, we build the core subscription and customer management systems for all of our Cloud customers and revenue. We use all the latest modern web technologies, for mobile and desktop, from React to Solr to Java, all running on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, to provide the best Cloud customer experience possible.
We are 100 member global team of product managers, software engineers, scrum masters, test engineers and development operations professionals practicing Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) to build cutting edge cloud web technologies while providing every team member autonomy, mastery and purpose to achieve their absolute best.
We value bottoms up, member driven agile teams; we focus on working software that helps our customers succeed; we encourage risk taking and innovation time to inspire leaps in design and productivity; above all else, we value productivity, autonomy and fulfillment of our team members so that they can achieve their full potential, and beyond.
Join us and thrive!
What Cloud Solutions Needs:
Cloud Solutions team is looking for an ambitious, talented, energetic, and self-motivated principal software developer for Oracle Cloud Solution Applications (CSA). Our team is a driven development organization, developing the applications that support all Subscription Billing and Customer engagement to the Cloud.
In this role you will be immersed in and exposed to complex systems and their integration as Oracle cloud subscription data travels to multiple systems from its inception. Your role is to enable internal and external customers to manage the lifecycle of their cloud subscriptions. The team is building the application to process and manage Big Data for Oracle cloud subscriptions and you will be key to this effort. The CSA application processes the majority of the Oracle cloud subscriptions revenue.
You will be responsible for designing, building and deploying services, monitoring complex systems, managing high volume transactions and their integration with other applications. You'll be able to identify problem before they occur, while also guiding junior developers globally. The ideal candidate is a proven hands-on developer using top technologies such as React and Java to release high quality software products following continuous integration and deployment.
* Work independently with minimal supervision, following the organization's vision.
* Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
* Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
* Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
* Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
* Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
* Have high and strict quality standards to ensure consistency of initial design
* Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers worldwide
* Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
* Approve final product before launch
* Comfortable presenting, communicating and interacting with executives within and outside the organization
* Proven experience as Principal software developer (7 years of experience)
* Experience in software development and coding in Object Oriented languages (Java)
* Experience building Cloud Applications
* Experience working with microservices and building performance driven APIs
* Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
* Excellent knowledge of Unified Modelling Language (UML) and other modeling methods
* Experience delivering features with continuous integration (CI/CD)
* Knowledge of mobile development using native or hybrid languages
* Understanding of software quality assurance principles
* A technical mindset with great attention to detail
* High quality organizational and leadership skills
* Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
* Must be adaptable, flexible, organized and work well in a local and global team environment
* Must have a strong drive for success
* BS or equivalent in computer science/engineering or relevant field. MS or equivalent in computer science/engineering will be desired.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.