Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman's Army Knowledge Online (AKO) program is seeking a security-minded Principal Software Engineer to join our team in Fort Belvoir, Virginia. Join the team that is hosting high-visibility government web applications and working closely with various offices in the United States Army
* Design, develop, and implement Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) web applications and integrations
* Test and debug AEM web applications
* Assist with setup and configuration of AEM development environments, AEM Author, Public Instances, and ensuring all codes work in both environments
* Design reusable AEM components for authoring content
* Provide ongoing support and maintenance of existing web-based applications
* Verify the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and ensure application functions as expected across multiple desktop browsers
* Work with project managers to ensure that all project deliverables are on time and high quality
* Work collaboratively with other teams; QA, UX, etc.
* Develop documentation as needed related to assigned development tasks
* A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience OR a Master's degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience OR a PhD/ An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree requirement
* Programing experience with Java
* An active CompTIA Security CE (or equivalent IAT Level II or higher baseline certification)
* Must have or be able to obtain an Army Approved Computing Environment Certificate (CEC) within 6 months of starting employment
* An Interim Secret security clearance (or higher) to start with the ability to obtain a Secret once aboard
* Familiarity/experience with Java Content Repository, Apache Sling, Apache Felix, OSGi, REST, jQuery, AJAX, JSON. Along with the willingness to learn more about these technologies as needed
* Experience in AGILE Development model
* Experience developing with AEM v6.0 and/or higher
* AEM platform upgrade experience from either 5.6.1 to 6.1 or 6.1 to 6.3
* Solid understanding of various Adobe cloud services which can be integrated with AEM
* Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
* Willingness to learn and provide operational support as needed
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.