The next big thing in data is you!
Our Data Services Center (DCS) software team at Western Digital builds the next generation of storage and data management products for Datacenters and the Public Cloud. We're looking a smart, fun and motivated engineer to drive the design, development and delivery of innovative and impactful solutions in the unstructured data storage space, with a keen eye for usability, reliability, performance and supportability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Experienced Systems software developer with expertise in File-system Security (Kerberos, LDAP, Active Directory)
* Demonstrated experience with a successful track record of delivering high quality products/releases on time.
* Previous experience in building commercial customer products
* C, C++
* Unix Kernel or user space development background
* Experienced in analyzing Network Traces
* Experience in building highly scalable systems
* Demonstrated ability of strong software design and debug skills
* Self-starter with the ability to remain flexible and learn new technologies quickly
* Close interaction with development management
* Must have excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills, using a variety of tools such as gdb.
* Ability to interact and collaborate with other senior engineers in different geographies
* Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills.
* BS Computer Science/EE, or MSCS plus10 years minimum experience
* CIFS/OS Protocols development experience
* Multi OS level experience such as Unix and Windows
* DCE RPC or ONC RPC
* Domain Controllers
* Active Directory
* Knowledge of Windows domain architecture
* Virus Scanning Engines
* Security Protocols, such as Kerberos
* GPO (Group Policy Objects),
* Prior experience with implementation of IETF projects.
* Experience with Samba and/or ZFS CIFS stack
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
The future. It's on you. You & Western Digital.
We've been storing the world's data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we're helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can't do it alone. Today's exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It's You & Us. Together, we're the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person's gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person's assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.
Federal and state laws require employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you need any accommodation or assistance with our career site, please contact us at email@example.com.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.
About Western Digital
Western Digital Corporation (WD) is a computer data storage company providing cost-effective solutions for the collection, management, protection and use of digital information.