This is your chance to impact the future of computing by contributing to the tools and technologies underpinning Azure's accelerated computing platform. Our team's innovative solutions are used to build and optimize the hardware accelerators that power some of Microsoft's most important and strategic projects in the cloud. Our collaborative and inclusive team is looking for C++ programmers with a passion for low-level, performance minded coding and experience in, or an interest in learning about, hardware design. Day to day tasks may include performance analysis, software optimization, and writing new software tools.
As part of the AI and Advanced Architecture team, you would join a cross-discipline team of highly capable and motivated people in the Azure Hardware Systems Group. This unique team is tasked with inventing and deploying innovative hardware IP, tooling and architectures that differentiate the Azure ecosystem, deliver strategic impact to Microsoft, and democratize hardware development to empower our customers to benefit from acceleration as well. Our work spans the stack from silicon to solutions, and across domains including deep learning, storage, and networking. Our team's building blocks are used by a fast-growing number of Microsoft engineering groups and customers to make large intelligent systems feasible, efficient, performant, and cost-effective. This is your chance to work on the future of computing.
* 8+ years of industry experience
* B.S or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or related fields
* 10+ years in experience in C++, C, C#, Java or related languages
* 10+ years of industry experience along with a M.S. or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or related fields
* 5+ years of industry experience in C++, including C++11 and C++14, and 2+ years of Python experience
* Knowledgeable in compiler design
* Knowledgeable in processor and accelerator architecture
* Experience with embedded programming on FPGA-based CPU architectures
* Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
* Great cross-team collaboration skills and the desire to collaborate in a team of researchers and developers
* Linux and Windows kernel debugging experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Analysis and evaluation of proposed software designs and architectures.
* Software engineering and design in C/C++, C#, and other languages.
* Design and build tooling, compilers, and code generation to adapt DNN frameworks and models to new hardware platforms.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.