Our mission is to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, with simple, useful, and delightful products. We in Office 365 Communications and Time Management Org are constantly innovating how millions of users collaborate and communicate effectively across the enterprise to make a larger impact.
Millions of Office365 customers rely on Yammer to collaborate effectively and transparently across organization. At our core, we are diverse group of Product People, passionate about delighting our users and embracing the idea that our work is never truly finished. We are customer obsessed and data driven with focus on delivering functionality at a brisk pace while staying nimble in a changing world. Working together to harness the power of the cloud and to showcase new experiences that serve a wide ecosystem of devices and a diverse set of users.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you!
We have development opportunities in the search team to build solutions that millions of users rely on every day to collaborate and make an impact.
* 11+ years' engineering experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed search systems.
* Strong, proven experience working with Elastic Search a plus.
* Strong knowledge of and demonstrated experiences in Java.
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems and distributed systems fundamentals.
* Strong understanding of databases, storage and persistence technologies.
* Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
* Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure a strong plus.
* Working familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings. Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and deliver global, reliable, secure, near-real-time search services, scaling to audiences in the hundreds of millions.
* Develop full stack cloud-based search solutions serving for global web, mobile and desktop clients.
* Leveraging cloud architecture, applying site reliability principles, and maintaining our operational posture.
* Partner and work collaboratively with people across Product, Design and Engineering teams to deliver complex, large-scale projects.
* Mentor, coach and develop engineers and lead by example.
* Take charge and drive technical areas forward proactively, focusing on delivering a world class search service that effectively meet our customer needs.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.