Do you have a vision of the future of Information Security and Compliance platforms? Do you love the intersection of research, platforms and products, client, cloud, Artificial Intelligence and Information Security? Do you love working with incredibly smart engineers, program managers, data scientists and security researchers to realize a big vision of securing digital information through platforms used by customers all over the world?
We are the Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance (S+C) team - a fast paced team with a startup mindset within the Microsoft Experiences and Devices (E+D) organization. We are building exciting services, platforms, and tools that make it easy to build, deploy and manage complex, hyper-scale, high performance, AI powered Information Security and Compliance solutions in the cloud and end points. Key product lines in our team include Microsoft Defender Antivirus (AV) and Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), our Office Information Protection suite, and threat intelligence research capabilities. In today's broadly connected ecosystem, providing strong security and data protection are critical challenges for consumers and enterprise customers. Our products and services are foundational drivers for Microsoft 365, and are a major growth opportunity for the company over the next few years.
Making our customers succeed with our solutions is what excites us every day! Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, previous work histories, and life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our diversity of background and experience enables us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers, while having a blast building it! We believe in sane work hours, using our vacation time and we offer paid parental leave. In addition, we are passionate about learning on the job. Our culture is collaborative, passionate and customer focused. We love the cultural change that is happening at Microsoft, and we bring our growth mindset to work every day.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to help us architect and build services to ensure customers understand, monitor their security threats and configure their security settings within their organization. We partner closely with multiple technology teams across the company to leverage existing capabilities as well as drive new ones.
* 10+ years of experience in the software engineering industry with strong problem-solving skills and a proven track record of having shipped commercially successful software products and services
* 5+ years of experience driving and managing technical and architectural dependencies
* 5+ years of experience in cloud development principles and patterns, particularly loosely coupled architectures and micro-services
* Excellent coding and validation skills in a primary language (C# preferred), complemented by secondary language for scripting
* Excellent debugging skills for live services using logging and telemetry
* Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Software Engineers, Program Managers, and Data Scientists
* Familiarity with Secure Software Development Life Cycle
* Experience with software development tools such as source control systems (GIT), automated build systems, compilers, software validation systems, and test harnesses
* Development experience with cloud platform such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Linux stack and Docker
* Knowledge of Big Data tools such as Hadoop and Spark
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
As a Principal Software Engineer in this position you will be the technical lead to drive the information feedback loop for our customers that includes elements of data acquisition, insight, display and interpretation. This feedback loop leads to features we develop which our customer will use to customize the M365 endpoint protection products specifically for their business. Your responsibilities include the design and implementation for the experiences our customers see when trying to understand their individual security posture and status. You will work closely with Program Managers and other Security Engineering disciplines to deliver core features in the M365 portal, as well as back end functionalities that lead to them. You will fill a vital role in the fight against malware and see the results of your work contributing to protection of hundreds of millions of customers. You are expected to mentor and grow more junior developers in the team as well.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.