M365 is seeking a highly motivated candidate who has strong analytical, design, and development skills who is passionate about making a real impact on millions of people utilizing entrepreneurial spirit and has a can-do attitude.
We are a growing the M365 Fleet team which is responsible for delivering the one of the largest cloud environments in the world, deploying thousands of bare metal servers each month using Open Compute Project (OCP) hardware. We are seeking a strong Principal Software Engineer to develop new features and support for the new technology server hardware platforms on which M365 operates.
We want you because you have a strong passion for technology, constant intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn, ability to communicate well in a team environment, a desire to make our team better with your contributions and for your ability to deliver the right results on time.
As a member of the M365 Fleet team you will be responsible developing new features, improving performance and driving down costs of goods shipped (COGS) for the service. Your responsibility will be to analyze, design and implement improvements to implement new features while reducing COGS and drive those changes across a big product group.
The Fleet team is responsible for deploying tens of thousands of bare metal servers per month, in multiple geographical data centers and a focus on optimizing workloads.
* Design systems for the long-term with simplicity and maintainability as core tenets.
* Resolve problems of any scope and aid other team members on a consistent basis.
* Collaborate with multi-discipline engineers across the Redmond, USA and Suzhou, China.
* Lead the way with impactful feedback to peers during code reviews and improvements to the code review process.
* Mentor other developers and improve the overall software product quality and team through effective mentorship.
* Address any development business need by creating a solution from concept to architecture to planning to development to deployment.
* Identify innovative solutions to important business problems.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
* Expert understanding of Engineering Excellence processes and requirements.
* Expertise and knowledge in modern engineering practices (Continuous Integration, TDD, automated deployments with integrated quality gates).
* Experience with Cloud Platforms like Windows Azure Platform, Amazon AWS, Google Apps.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Required Basic Qualifications:
* Passion for improving software quality, performance and reliability and engineering excellence
* Demonstrated service delivery experience in designing and developing enterprise-level internet scale services/solutions.
* Proficiency in C# with strong design, implementation, and debugging skills; knowledge of scripting languages a plus.
* Ability to work independently, work smart, manage multiple priorities and deliverables concurrently in a fast-paced environment, and deliver all this at high quality.
* Excellent communication skills, including ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation, communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences, and to lead development teams.
* Master or bachelor's degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent with related engineering experience is required.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.