Do you love helping others achieve more through great software engineering? Do you want to make automotive companies more successful by helping them to apply new technology? If so, then we have the job for you in the Microsoft Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team. We are looking for someone with a passion for software engineering, the ability to create and deliver high impact programs and the strive to drive results with a team of Software Engineers (SEs).
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team empowers high-impact organizations to achieve more and drive the value of our intelligent cloud and intelligent edge through great software engineering. How do we do it? We are an automotive industry-leading software engineering team that codes with partners and customers every day. We accelerate platform adoption and serve as trusted technical experts by coding side by side with development teams.
We are looking for a software engineer with experience of both the software development cycle and modern software engineering practices in the automotive industry, and an ability to understand, prioritize and address key customer problems. Within the CSE automotive team you will sit within a team of globally distributed program managers and software engineers.
You will 'own' key technology scenarios and work with other software engineers to address the biggest customer problems, orchestrate the engineering approach to address these, code-with customer software developers, and tell the end-to-end story with internal and external stakeholders. This will include working on major commercial automotive opportunities where software development expertise unblocks deals and engaging across Microsoft's businesses to drive adoption of the newest technologies. You will collaborate with other SEs to deliver contributions to key OSS and internal frameworks and build the technical evidence and case studies that can be showcased to inspire others.
These scenarios will likely change on a frequent basis, so you'll need to love learning about new technology quickly, and enjoy going from the '10,000 ft.' view to feature-level detail.
To thrive in our team, you will be self-motivated to sharpen and deepen your own technical skills. Loving the complexity, uncertainty and constant change of our environment, you see ambiguity as an opportunity to lead and set direction for the team and yourself. You'll be leading and collaborating with inspirational people, and your constant thirst to learn, to try new things and to take risks will make you and your team successful. Above all you'll need to be inspired, and be able to inspire others, with the stories that you and your project teams create through code & data.
* 7+ years of experience with software engineering in the automtoive industry, in languages such as Java/C++/C#/Python.
* 3+ years of experience with any cloud, Mobile and other computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends across Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies.
* Leadership (but not necessarily Management!) especially of geographically dispersed, virtual teams and ability to orchestrate a high-performing team.
* Ability to build technical and business relationships with senior business stakeholders leadership teams within Microsoft businesses.
* Strong knowledge of application development practices and a track record of working closely with large development or engineering teams.
* Results-driven with strong verbal and written communication ability, especially in Japanese and English. Chinese, Korean, and German capability is also highly welcome.
* Be prepared to spend 25% of your time travelling (e.g., to the United States, Europe, and within Japan).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
* Leading end-to-end planning, execution and reporting of key technology programs to drive excitement and adoption of our Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge with Automotive customers across the world.
* Demonstrating technical subject matter expertise to lead project teams to scope projects, architect and design solutions, and resolve issues.
* Delivering ongoing automotive market and competitive insights in collaboration with Microsoft business groups, using them to define a product/service vision and to optimize programs.
* Partnering with the software engineering teams to identify and deliver highly visible and scalable early platform/technology adoption opportunities with communities, customers and partners.
* Building trusted relationships with the relevant Microsoft account leadership.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.