Do you love working on storage or high scale distributed systems? Azure Storage is a foundational part of Azure and by extension many Microsoft services. We're entrusted with storing exabytes of data for everything from Azure Virtual Machines and customer BLOBs to SQL Azure and Skydrive, and doing so while providing industry leading availability and durability for that data.
If you'd like to work on some of the largest storage systems on the planet, solving the hard problems that come with rapid growth and continued innovations, this might be the role for you.
* 8+ years of industry experience in software development with C/C++
* 4+ years of people management experience
* Experience with distributed systems and/or storage/file-systems preferred.
* Track record of attracting, hiring, growing, and retaining top talent, and effectively managing diverse teams.
* Good communication/collaboration skills and ability to deal with ambiguity.
* Experience in building and operating cloud scale services.
* Strong technical design, problem solving and debugging skills
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task while balancing short term and long term needs is essential.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
A successful candidate would be joining a talented, highly collaborative customer focused team, with responsibility for the lowest most fundamental layers of the Azure and Cosmos storage services. The role brings exposure to cutting edge storage/memory/distributed system technologies, with broad opportunity to influence both the business and the industry.
We are currently looking for experienced technical managers to own core components of the Azure Storage and Cosmos Storage systems.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.