MediaMath's mission is to help innovative marketers delight their customers and drive real business outcomes. Over 9,500 marketers in 42 countries use our enterprise solution to reach the right user with the right message for the right price, wherever they are. These are the leading brands and agencies in the world who rely on MediaMath to provide technology, services and leadership to help them continue to transform their marketing practices and compete in a quickly changing industry. Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in "programmatic" advertising, MediaMath has been recognized as a leader in the space in four independent evaluations over the last two years. MediaMath has offices in 16 cities worldwide and is headquartered in New York City.
Our digital advertising platform leverages massive amounts of data using AI and machine learning principles, enabling the quickest and most intelligent online ad space bidding in real time, 24/7. We leverage both public cloud and eight managed data centers around the world to maximize the return on every marketing dollar spent by our customers.
We are seeking a Principal Engineer well versed in high scale distributed systems to sit on an elite team of Senior Engineers. The purpose of this role and team is to work on a range of business-critical projects on a rotational basis. These will generally be projects that require special attention from a high-level engineer/architect, to stabilize and leave in better shape.
In this role, your focus will largely be orchestrating large scale distributed systems. We work with Golang, Scala, Clojure and C++. Infrastructure technologies/services that are also critical to the success of our platform are Chef, Puppet, AWS, ScyllaDB, Redis, Kafka, Prometheus, deployment tools/platforms, configuration management, containerization and service orchestration.
This role is based in MediaMath's New York or Chicago offices, but could also be open to remote for the right candidate.
* Work on a range of projects on a rotational basis which require special engineering and architectural guidance
* Provide architectural guidance on the most important technical projects within the organization
* Write code on the most important technical projects within the organization
* Collaborate on technical vision-setting within the High Impact team
* Mentor more junior developers
* Work closely with Product Management
* BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, related degree, or strong comparable experience
* 15+ years of professional software development experience
* Strong understanding of software architecture, OO principles and common design patterns, bonus for experience with functional programming
* Intrinsic understanding of software delivery best practices
* Demonstrated experience developing non-trivial applications in languages such as Golang, Scala, Clojure and C++ (or similar)
* Significant background in SRE or DevOps (AWS or Google Cloud)
* Broad experience building distributed and high throughput systems
* Proven ability to understand commercial context when working with product managers in a SaaS environment
* Strong written communication skills with senior management and team members
* Previous experience in the AdTech industry (a plus)
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Experience mentoring other Software Engineers
* Comfortable learning a new codebase and system quickly
* Use processes to collaboratively perform feature-based development, code reviews and releases
* Of exceptional character and good humor
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are six values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Teams Win, Scale + Innovation, Obsess Over Learning & Growth, Align then Execute, Do Good Better and Embrace the Journey. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work. And, let's face it, so do the free snacks, great benefits, and unlimited vacation.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.
MediaMath is a company which provides a demand-side platform (DSP) offering cross exchange advertising management services.