Microsoft's mission is to Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. This is what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. In the Cloud & Artificial Intelligence (C&AI) division we help customers power their solutions using the Microsoft Cloud - Azure. Azure brings together virtualization, compute, storage, authentication, authorization, media and more to enable anyone to bring their business in the cloud. The scale of Azure as well as the platforms and services we are building are among the largest in the world.
Cloud security is constantly evolving and we are looking for a leader who empowers others to do the same! Do you create clarity, generate energy, and enjoy driving results? Are you passionate about helping make (the physical and digital) world a safer place? C&AI Security Engineering is seeking a Principal Software Engineering Manager to help transform how Azure engineers secure our Data Centers as well as secure our hardware, firmware and software supply chains. In this role, you will play a key role in advancing security by working with other Security Engineers, Program Managers, and Developers throughout Azure to instill an Assume Breach security mindset and culture in many of our most critical components. You will manager and mentor engineers, helping them grow as both security practitioners and developers, and participate in the broader Microsoft and industry-wide security community.
The C&AI Security Engineering organization is at the center of Microsoft's cloud and serves two mission-critical functions - ensure Azure is known as the most secure cloud platform and C&AI services are the most trustworthy in their markets. Teams in Security Engineering are accountable for research of emerging cloud infrastructure and application threats, including security assurance and red teaming for more than thousands of services comprising C&AI. Additionally, teams develop machine learning-based anti-fraud detection, high-scale vulnerability scanning, static and dynamic security analysis and integrating these into Microsoft's engineering services. Some of our latest ventures include driving the future of hardware/firmware security, red teaming as a service and founding a green team responsible for remediating high risk and systemic classes of security issues. Our leadership team is recognized for co-creating Microsoft's Assume Breach security strategy and spearheading company-wide red vs. blue team exercises and innovating new approaches to address security risks. Come join C&AI Security Engineering if you want to part of a diverse and inclusive culture, contribute to innovation and ensure a secure experience for millions of users and enterprises around the world.
* 7+ years design and services development experience
* 1+ years experience in one or more programming languages such as: C/C++, C#, .NET, SQL, Python, PowerShell, Bash, etc.
* 5+ years Experience with owning or implementing large scale and highly available services, components or feature areas
* BA/BS in Computer Science or relevant work experience
* Demonstrated excellence in Coding, Code Review and Technical communication
* Strong customer focus and data driven approach
* End-to-end Delivery and Innovation
* Agility in fast paced environment
* Experience optimizing automation, creating reliable services and ongoing LiveSite monitoring and response experience.
Cloud Background Screening Requirement:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Research, explore and traverse the security of hardware, firmware and software alike.
* Be part of setting the vision, strategy and execution for securing the foundation of Microsoft's cloud - from the Data Centers (DC) themselves to the security and management of the most critical environments and components within a DC.
* Design and architect solutions that enable isolation and containment as well as secure deployment and management of both Microsoft and 3rd-party components.
* Analyze complex services, identify cloud supply chain risks and develop security solutions in close collaboration with other engineers that power the future of Microsoft's cloud.
* Develop large-scale integrated security services with enterprise-class quality and utilize your creativity, customer obsession, and communication skills to bring great experiences for all users.
* Provide technical leadership and mentor other developers to build and innovate highly reliable and critical services.
* Create and manage security services with an Assume Breach mindset enabling protection, detection and response of targeted attacks and persistent adversaries.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.