We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small UASs, affordable radar systems, weapon systems, and RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We have earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology, join us.
Software Team Lead will be leading a team of software engineers working on control software for radars, sensors and test equipment. Provide technical leadership, deliver projects predictably, and be accountable for quality.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Lead and coordinate a team in the development and documentation of all software products and deliverables, including embedded, system control, and test equipment interfacing software * Perform careful in-depth review of functional, design, code, and test plan documents * Ensure adherence to, and continuous process improvement of, software development and configuration management processes * Provide oversight and guidance of team in developing project software deliverables, including software architecture, design, code, unit test, integration efforts * Review and sign off on requirement specifications and test plans. * Resolve escalated project issues. * Generate software documentation as per Statement of Work (CDRLs) * Provide inputs and status for monthly reports to IPT lead/Program Manager * Provide detailed analysis of cost and schedule variances for monthly reports (As required) * Participate/present in Kickoff, Preliminary Design Review (PDR), and Critical Design Review (CDR) meetings * Other duties as assigned.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance and additional clearances as required * Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field with required years of software experience preferred
* A minimum of 12 years of experience as a Software Engineer * A minimum of five years' experience as a Software lead, and five or more years of Software/Systems Engineering experience * Experience with a wide variety of development processes, methodologies, and tools, including iterative processes, object oriented design, and object oriented programming * Experience using Linux environment for development and deployment of software applications
* Managing tasking against a schedule
* Estimation of software effort
* Requirements derivation and definition
* Design/development of systems with Control Sequencing/Timing of multiple components
* Design and development of unit tests
* Design, development, and testing of software for complex systems * Software bug/issue tracking tools * Designing and integrating technical software solutions
* Fluent in C/C
* Fluency in multiple software languages and development environments (including Linux) * Interfacing with Test Equipment * Version control tools * Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment. * Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success * Proficient with Microsoft Office products * Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation) * Physical requirements include the ability to travel up to 10% and the ability to lift up to 20lbs.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.