Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
Position: Principal Engineer, Product Engineering
Location: Manchester, NH, Nashua, NH Burlington, MA or Remote
Reports To: Senior Manager, Software Development
This individual will be a principal member of the Engineering organization supporting the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure DNS platform. Primarily focused on delivering the implementation of our next-generation DNS and cloud platform integration. Day-to-day activities will range from leading design and discovery discussions, reviewing roadmap with stakeholders, prototyping, and hands on software development. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and possess a wide range of skills and experience. This individual should have the ability to understand business needs, work closely with product owners and strike a good balance between business goals and technical implementations. This individual will also be fairly autonomous and be expected to contribute to a wide range of high-impact projects across the organization. The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader.
* Design, develop, implement and support Oracle Cloud Infrastructure DNS, Backend APIs, SDKs, CLIs and various other components.
* Hands on software development at scale.
* Develop code which scales to billions of Queries per second.
* Analyze & interpret business needs to develop technical specs and design
* Evaluate various implementations to determine compliance with business needs and external specifications.
* Perform troubleshooting and coordinate problem resolution activities with engineering and support teams.
* Establish and maintain productive relationships with peer organizations.
* Technically manage a squad of engineers using the of Agile framework while delivering product in an iterative manner and maintaining quality.
* Cross-train squad members and insure knowledge transfer is occurring so that there are no single points of failure and knowledge gaps. Ensure everyone on the squad is productive and have the skillsets over time.
* Providing review and input to business needs, and using those to develop technical needs, and eventually deployable systems.
* Participate in / oversee the testing, security and compliance process as needed.
* Some travel involved with this position.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent in work experience and self-study.
* Advanced degree is a plus
* Should be able to take high level architectures and convert into reality and detailed design
* Should be able to demonstrate leadership skills
* Should be able to guide teams of people via backlog grooming, sprint planning
* Should be able to train and provide technical guidance to junior team member
* Demonstrated ability to deliver the items listed in the major duties section.
* At least 10 years experience in application development. Specific experience with scaling backend data systems and DNS service.
* Expertise in C, C , GO, Java, Python (two or more preferred)
* Knowledge of databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DBaas
* Knowledge of caching servers such as Varnish or Nginx
* Knowledge of Internet protocols and standards, including DNS, DNSSEC, REST, SSL and HTTP
* General knowledge of the following categories of network systems: Multiprocessing, Threading, Distributed systems, Load Balancing and High Availability.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work with minimum direction.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries and within groups.
* Should be a flexible, resourceful, team player that is able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
* Creative thinking and critical analysis are essential.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.