What you'll be doing...
As the Principal Software Architect / Developer, you will be working on design, development and testing of next generation software for Internet of Things (IoT) products and services - focusing in particular on ThingSpace Platform.
Key responsibilities are:
* Lead the architecture and technical implementation of large scalable IoT systems.
* Be responsible for timely implementation of product features encompassing Design, Coding, Testing and delivery.
* Collaborate with multiple development teams as a part of development.
* Interact with Product and Systems Engineering to identify key product requirements.
* Be responsible for interfacing with the management for planning and providing regular status updates.
* Participate in the technical evaluation of platforms and technologies, tools, architecture and design, performance analysis as well as vendor selection.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Six or more years of experience in Software and IoT.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering fields.
* Two or more years of Cloud Native Microservices application architectural design of highly scalable distributed systems.
* Eight or more years of experience developing applications using cloud technologies and proficient in Go, Java or equivalent programing language.
* Ability to translate requirements to functional software.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of distributed Cloud Native Microservices principles and best practices.
* Experience in AWS or other major cloud computing platforms.
* Experience in CI/CD process.
* Knowledge of one or more database technologies like Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB, PostgreSQL or MySQL. Knowledge in Cassandra.
* Knowledge of one or more search engine technologies like ElasticSearch or Solr. Knowledge in ElasticSearch.
* Experience with networking protocols or standard IoT protocols.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.