Over the past 10+ years, the Azure Data Group (DG) in C+E has grown from 40-million-dollar business to 8+ billion-dollar business and is one of the key revenue generators at Microsoft. The usage spans from developers, SMBs to huge enterprises taking mission-critical dependencies on our platform for a range of workloads from super-fast OLTP workloads & advanced DW scenarios to analytics, search and non-relational options.
Working with the full range of customers and products, Data Migration team's focus is to enable customers to migrate to the Azure Data platform to gain a competitive advantage through business insights. The team provides solutions in the form of migration tools, Azure service and also leverages solution providers and ISVs to assist customers in making the migration to modern offerings such SQL Server, Azure Database, Azure Database for MySQL, Azure Database for PostgreSQL, Cosmos DB and Azure SQL Data Warehouse. We are charged with highlighting technology synergy across our services by building turnkey solutions for customer success.
* 10+ years of programming experience in C OR C++ OR C# OR Java OR object-oriented programming
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline
* Professional experience with database systems (Relational or NO SQL). Deep systems background with strong fundamentals in OS and databases.
* Experience building and shipping production grade software or services
* High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
* Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
* Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner
* Great curiosity and willingness to question
* Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems
* Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers
* Passion for growing team, culture and always hiring.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer with strong development and design skills to join this growing team. You will work on suite of tools and services that our team is building including SQL Server Migration Assistant, Data Migration Assistant, and Azure Database Migration Service to enable seamless and frictionless migration to modern data platform on Azure. You will have opportunities to work with Microsoft data platform solutions such as SQL server, Azure SQL Database; OSS database engines such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and competitive platforms such as Oracle,, Amazon RDS to enable migrations to Microsoft Azure.
To apply for this role, you should possess solid analytical, design and problem diagnosis skills. Deep experience with databases, distributed systems, data analytics, and the ability to translate high-level technical requirements through all the levels of the software stack is preferred. Expertise with high-performance systems or service design is a plus. Experience in open source technology stack (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, Hadoop technologies etc) is highly desirable.
We strongly believe that a team is greater than the sum of its parts. Proven record of accomplishment and ability to work in an agile team of highly motivated and passionate engineers is key to this role.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.