Are you excited about the endless possibilities that big data and analytics present? Do you want to revolutionize the world of analytics and AI?
Come join Azure Cosmos DB team, where you will be working on providing turnkey analytics and AI solution for Cosmos DB customers by building a globally distributed, low-latency analytics platform using popular open source technologies like Apache Spark and Jupyter notebooks.
Azure Cosmos DB is one of the fastest growing Azure services that provides globally distributed, low-latency, massively scalable, multi-model cloud database service. It is designed to enable developers to build planet-scale applications. Built-in support for analytics is highly anticipated by many customers and will be a significant growth driver for Cosmos DB business.
With this solution we are providing the world not only a scalable fault tolerant world-wide replicated database, but also massive scale-up analytics compute. These are used solve the toughest financial, IoT, warehousing, AI and state-management problems along with many other solution areas such as gaming and they capture the needs of the hobbyist developer to the Fortune 500 companies.
You will have fantastic opportunity to work with cutting-edge open-source technologies, and highly talented engineers in startup like mode to deliver differentiated value in the analytics space.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry engineering experience
* 7+ years of programming experience in Java OR C++ OR C OR object-oriented programming
* 7+ years of software development experience shipping a large scale, commercial, online-software solutions.
* Experience with Hyper-V, Docker, Linux is a plus
* Experience with big-data analytics like Hadoop and Spark is a big plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for candidates who:
* Are passionate about big-data and analytics space.
* Love learning and working with open source technologies and apply them to solve business needs.
* Have strong passion for customers, accountability and drive who can take initiative and accomplish big goals.
* Have an entrepreneurial spirit with a can-do attitude: Self-starter, project finisher and adaptable.
* Have strong design and problem-solving skills, with a bias for designing at scale.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.