The Azure SDK has grown to have hundreds of components for developers to leverage to connect their applications and services to Azure. Whether you are using Storage, KeyVault, EventHubs, or Cognitive Services, these libraries and tools are used by developers worldwide to leverage Azure's vast array of features in their language of choice. The Azure SDK team is expanding with the purpose of streamlining the way all these components are architected and to create a seamless, consistent and idiomatic platform for all developers. This open source and cross platform SDK will grow to encompass the breadth of the Azure ecosystem.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* 7+ years experience in software engineering
A strong candidate will also exhibit some or all of the following characteristics:
* Experience working on services built on Azure or large applications heavily leveraging cloud services
* Experience working on open source projects
* Experience delivering engineering systems that support medium to large scale teams
* Experience driving initiatives at scale across a large organization.
* A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make our developers and our platform successful
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are hiring a principal level developer who can help drive these efforts. This position requires both technical depth and breadth as we engage with many Azure service teams to deliver our platform together. This role will require broad impact in a number of areas including:
* Partnering with a wide variety of people and teams across Microsoft and the community
* Defining, communicating, and enforcing clear design principles both broadly across all languages supported as well as deeply in each language ensuring idiomatic best practices and patterns are adhered to.
* Ensuring that we have a first class engineering system with clear, efficient processes for build, packaging, validation, and release in each of the languages we support.
If you are passionate about the developer ecosystem, open source, and the cloud, this is the role for you! Come join us as we make Azure features more accessible to developers through the SDKs we deliver.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.