Our passion is eliminating language barriers to collaborative learning, work and play across Microsoft Office, Windows, and XBOX, by leveraging the latest advances in artificial intelligence. Key to that is advancing the state of the art in machine translation (MT) to streamline our product localization processes and to build intelligent and natural language experiences. Come join us in this journey!
* 10+ years of software development experience with proven track record of delivering successful projects
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related engineering/science field (PhD is a strong plus)
* Proficiency in at least one OOP language, preferably C#, C++ and/or Java
* 4+ years of hands-on experience in Machine/Deep Learning using frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, scikit-learn and Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit.
* Experience with very large-scale data processing and analysis
* Customer empathy, effective communication/collaboration skills and an innate curiosity to learn
* Willingness to work in green-field projects where ambiguity is high, and opportunities are ripe
* Expertise in Natural Language Processing is a strong plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Our team is looking for a self-driven and skilled engineer to design and implement the latest set of innovations in the MT space, specifically solving problems that hinder our ability to fully leverage MT for delivering local experiences within our products. Our goal is to build a world-class system that encapsulates a highly-accurate MT backend coupled with a high-scale feedback pipeline from users for continuous improvement.
Your work will require you to collaborate with various teams within Microsoft, understand and contribute to a sophisticated code-base, work with big data to analyze and derive insights to guide our path forward, help advance the training algorithms, model runtime, data pipeline, as well as backend services. In this role, you'll heavily influence technical strategy and design choices for the team.
Through your work, you'll impact the daily experience of hundreds of millions of users across the globe by making their interaction with their software and devices more natural, local and relevant. Success in this role will translate to an excellent career-growth path within Microsoft and our industry.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.