Teams, Skype and GroupMe are all about breaking down barriers to communication and connecting people. Every day, millions of individuals use Teams and Skype to communicate with coworkers, chat with friends, make calls, share files, collaborate and have fun. We're building the ultimate communication tools that span cultures, countries, and continents. To realize our ambitions we are looking for passionate software engineers to join our team.
If you love working with bleeding edge technologies, are interested in building top of class mobile applications, and are excited about influencing the way we communicate today and in the future, then our team may just be the perfect place for you. We are looking for an experienced mobile application technical lead to help us deliver scenarios focused on specific user segments such as Healthcare, Education, etc"
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering field
* 10+ years of software engineering experience
Other required qualifications:
* Ability to apply CS concepts, data structures and algorithms in order to solve hard programing problems in a clean, pragmatic way
* 5+ years of mobile app development and testing experience on multiple platforms (iOS, Android)
* "Full client stack generalist" with experience at the UX and infrastructure levels
* Exceptional attention to detail. Passion for pixel-perfection and app craftsmanship
* Strong passion for clean code and software quality, combined with agile delivery
* Self-motivated, curious, quick learner
* Outstanding communication skills
* Experience with telemetry and experimentation systems
* Experience with unit testing, mocking and dependency injection frameworks
* Experience working with cross-functional, geographically diverse teams
* Experience working as an engineering lead
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Software Engineer on the team, you will:
* Architect, design and implement software systems and components that run on multiple platforms
* Work closely with the team on identifying customer needs and designing/implementing features to satisfy them
* Leverage instrumentation and telemetry data to monitor app usage patterns and improve the user experience
* Identify, debug and fix defects. Derive systemic problematic patterns and work on eradicating them
* Work with bleeding edge technologies and get to have an impact on a top of class app used by millions
* Work in a friendly, supportive environment. We care about the career trajectory and development of our engineers!
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.