The Developer Tools Group at Microsoft has one of the largest concentrations of compiler and runtime developers in the world. We have originated several of the hottest languages in the industry including C#, F#, and TypeScript. We build the runtimes, frameworks, and compilers for Microsoft's open source platforms like .NET and TypeScript and contribute to other critical industry ecosystems like C++ and Python. We are looking for systems level engineers to help us build the next generation of runtimes and frameworks as well as compiler engineers to help optimize the performance of code on these platforms. Be a part of a team that helps us develop tools for next generation custom silicon to make our data centers even more efficient.
* 8+ years of industry experience developing commercial software
* Domain experience in system level programming such as runtimes and frameworks or compilers
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Foster a collaborative environment to build features in our tools and runtimes, ship them to customers frequently and drive a culture where we learn from customer feedback
* Design, and build simple, performant, and powerful experiences in developer tools. The software you build will help millions of developers all over the world.
* Be a model leader for a team where learning from peers and growing as a team is a core principle. Help us mentor and grow the next generation of runtime and compiler developers
* Bring a strong design sense that will help us architect solutions across a fast-evolving technical landscape that can power our tools for years to come
* Innovate on difficult technical problems in a foundational space that will affect these new platforms
* Work across teams from hardware, to OS, to developer tools to deliver solutions
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.