The Azure Productivity team is looking for invidivals who are passionate about building cutting edge solution in detecting, correlating and managing large scale outages so we can act quickly and ultimately reduce or avoid the customer impact. You will have opportunity to work with world leading AI/ML researchers from Microsoft Research and parteners across all Microsoft on many exciting fronts covering the lifecycle of incidents and outages. You will have the opportunity to turn your passion and work into helping improving DRI work lives and improving our customer satisifaction.
The team is functioning as an internal startup and envovles quickly. There are many exciting ideas in our backlog and team focus on delivering customer values and drive a long term vision. The project requires egineers to have full stack development capability and being able to adapt and learn new things and try new ideas. The successful candidate should have an innovative spirit and be able to apply their knowledge and best practices to propose, design and implement successful solutions. AI/ML skills are not required but you will learn from day to day work. We believe the skills you will develop and learn while working on this projects will drastically increase your value as an engineer given the growing demand for this kind of skill set. The code, models and solutions you design and build will have the most direct impact on how Microsoft teams can quickly understand their incidents and outages and how we Microsoft can efficeintly collaborate on mitigate large scale outages. Many new initiative within Azure are already colloabrating with team and projects. Your work with this team will have a huge impact on Azure will operate and continue to be successful in the future.
* Have released production quality RESTful services
* Bachelor's degree or higher in a Computer Science or related technical discipline or a total of 10+ years of software development experience.
* Knowledge of REST principles and service architectures
* Built scalable, performant microservices using RESTFUL webservices handling high volume traffic in a cloud platform (e.g., Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google cloud etc.,)
* Deep understanding on live site management process and best practices.
* Deep understanding of data driven development.
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Strong leadership skills, with ability to mentor others and drive and complete projects across teams
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and develop high scale modern web services, apps, and integration solutions.
* Ensure team members follow solid engineering practice and design patterns.
* Work across partner teams to understand the scenarios, requirements and turn them into our product backlogs.
* Instrument product areas, gather and analyze telemetry to access scenarios and make improvements that benefit our customers.
* Build Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning solutions to solve real-world technical and business problems.
* Improve the productivity of all Microsoft engineers and have a huge impact on how we build and operate Azure and Microsoft Cloud services.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.