Principal Software Engineer
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing Hospitality Cloud division. Cvent's Hospitality Cloud Product Development teams are engaged in a major initiative to build our next generation software platform and are also actively working on several exciting new products and features. These teams are utilizing the most cutting-edge tools and technologies, including modern and responsive single page applications powered by React.
Cvent Hospitality Cloud is focused on helping hotels and destinations grow and own their business. Our digital marketing tools help hotels and venues win new customers and grow their business, and our software solutions help hotels own their business by servicing their customers directly, efficiently, and profitably.
Cvent's Technology Team is a great opportunity for you to:
* Lead and mentor teams of dedicated engineers to build Internet scale applications where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals - not after-thoughts.
* Create beautiful, interactive and easy-to-use web applications using React, Redux, Webpack, and the rest of the rapidly advancing React ecosystem.
* Deepen your skills in Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and API first design while building robust RESTful APIs hosted on AWS for scale.
* Gain experience with different persistence technologies, ranging from traditional relational to the latest NoSQL products such as Couchbase and Elastic Search.
Skills/Qualifications we are seeking Principal Software Engineers to have are:
The prerequisites for joining our development team are simple. We want people who take ownership over the full scope of their product - design, development, and even operations. Cvent is about empowering developers to apply what they do best to empower our users to plan and run great events. Developers who take initiative to find and solve problems thrive here.
For this specific position, you will have a leg up if you also meet the following criteria:
* 10+ years of overall development experience, including at least two years of leading and mentoring other engineers
* Development experience using mainstream modern server-side languages such as Java or C#; familiarity with modern frameworks for those languages.
* Experience working with React, Vue, or Angular.
* Experience with designing and implementing RESTful APIs in a complex and/or highly scalable system
* Experience with data-structures and persistence tools such as relational and document databases
* Bachelor's in Computer Science OR a related technical discipline. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, semi-annual bonuses, 401K Match, gym membership discounts and other great perks! If you would like to learn more about Cvent and our products, visit our website at www.cvent.com
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace
At Lanyon we believe business is better when people get together. We are a leading provider of software solutions for meetings, events & travel programs.