Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
* Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the design, test and implementation of advanced cybersecurity software capabilities.
* Developing and performing automated builds, testing, and deployments
* Developing high quality technical documentation, as needed, including user guides, test plans, and contract deliverable items and supporting product training.
* Supporting risk assessments and developing risk mitigation countermeasures
* U.S. Citizenship
* Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
* 8+ years of directly relevant experience
* Familiarity with Agile software development
* Solid understanding and experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
* Ability to create well-modularized, maintainable software and willing to follow group coding standards and design.
* Possesses or quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of Government Information Security policies, regulations, and guidelines
* Experience working on projects that implement analytic models into production systems
* Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations.
* Experience and/or familiarity with DevOps, DevSecOps, Continuous Development/Continuous Integration concepts, and automated test tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, and/or Cucumber
* Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NOSQL, etc.
* Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques
* Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) knowledge and experience
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
* DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
* Certifications related to Agile development and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) such as Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe Agilist (SA), SAFe Practitioner (SP) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
142154BR 142154 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.