We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our growing Technology team. You will collaborate on a team of engineers to deliver the next generation of MedMen's retail technology products, including our new customer loyalty and cannabis delivery programs. The ideal candidate will stay hands-on in the code, but also mentor and coach to other engineers on the team. A successful candidate will drive large initiatives across the company that have both stakeholders and contributors from across the organization, and in many cases, external parties.
* Owns end-to-end engineering projects and initiatives
* Works closely with business partners to successfully deliver projects
* Understands the business goals of the company as a whole, and always acts with those in mind
* Guides and contributes to the team's technology roadmap
* Recruits, hires, and retains engineering talent
* At least 10 years of experience delivering software solutions
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or applicable experience
* Knowledge of software engineering practices such as version control, branching, code reviews, testing, and continuous integration and deployment
* Experience working with Agile project management methodologies such as SCRUM
* Skills building applications in .NET Core/C# or Express/Node
* Experience architecting cloud-native applications in Azure or AWS
* Experience with serverless technologies such as Azure Functions or AWS Lambda
* Skills building APIs using GraphQL as well as managing high-traffic modern APIs
* Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle
* Ability to function highly independently and juggle competing priorities
* Excellent written and verbal communication tailored to appropriate audiences
* Experience with micro-services application architecture
* Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes containerization technologies
* Knowledgable across caching and search technologies such as Redis and Azure Search
* Experience with the management of cloud infrastructure using technologies such as Terraform, ARM, or Ansible
* Experience with data modeling tools and techniques
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional corporate setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.)
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
May require occasional travel, up to 10%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
MedMen is engaged in cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, and retail.