This is an embedded software developer position within the Advanced Concepts and Technology business. In this position, you will be applying your embedded development knowledge and experience to contribute towards new and exciting future capabilities. The embedded software developer will help to drive a new development effort and will contribute towards the design, architecture, implementation, and test of the product. The ideal candidate will be skilled in real-time embedded development, working in team collaborative environments, designing software products, and have experience in the full software life cycle. They will also be familiar with various forms of IPC, networking protocols, and software development in an Agile environment.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or related STEM degree
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs the ability to acquire an active U.S. Security Clearance
* 8+ of engineering experience
* Experience in embedded software development using C or C++
* Experience developing software for use with a real-time OS
* Computer background
* Experience with Windows & Unix development
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Master of Science Degree/PhD in relevant field and/or related STEM degree
* Experience with radar systems
* Experience with DSPs and/or FPGAs
* Experience with beam steering and beam forming
* Experience with low level network stack / raw sockets
* Team oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills
* Experience developing using Agile methodologies
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor of Science degree in STEM discipline from accredited University
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. 143592 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.