Job Description: Principal Software Engineer - Embedded SW
The Radar Controls and Electronics Department within Raytheon IDS is seeking engineering professionals to be part of the Embedded Software Engineering teams that design and develop world-class Surveillance Radar programs in our Massachusetts Locations. Embedded Software Engineers in this position will be responsible for supporting multiple programs and multiple platforms. Successful candidates will be expected to perform as individual contributors leading embedded software engineering supporting high performing Integrated Product Team and mentoring junior engineers.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Applicant will work as part of a highly motivated team environment, and will be collaborating with cross-functional project teams making up a larger program or internal research and development efforts. Our engineers are assigned to a manager of approximately 20 employees with similar skills. Each section manager is responsible for their members' performance, career development, and assigning tasks that balance the employees' interests with current needs of the project teams.
* 10+ years of experience in the field of engineering or related technical disciplines
* Experience leading a small team of software engineers or acting as a Subject Mater Expert
* Experience developing C or C++ applications
* Experience in high performance, multi-threaded embedded software designs
* Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems such as VxWorks, ThreadX, FreeRTOS, LynxOS, or Integrity
* Prior experience with Defense Radar Design and/or Development programs
* Experience in building and deploying Embedded Linux solutions
* Experience in developing applications for Microblaze, Nios, or other soft-core processing platforms
* Design experience in the following radar system areas: receiver, exciter, waveforms, digital beamforming, signal processing
* Experience using MATLAB
* Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Required Education (including Major):
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree (advanced degree a plus)
137853BR 137853 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.