Job ID 108146 Date posted 07/03/2019 Apply
Principal Software Engineer- Embedded
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) is one of four L3 business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small UASs, affordable radar systems, weapon systems, and RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We�ve earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology, join us.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for analyzing complex requirements, overseeing and providing technical guidance in the development of new software architecture designs for software systems that could include embedded software, applications, board support packages, and low level libraries. analysis, design, development, testing and integration of software.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Design, document, and develop software for systems in accordance with the Software Development Process and coding standards and guidelines.
* Participate in design efforts including software architecture, requirements development, software design/code reviews, algorithm architecture alignment reviews, and FPGA interface and Memory mapping
* Participate in Integration efforts/Bug fixes
* Participates in estimating efforts for programs
* Present designs in internal and external program meetings
* Analyze and assist in the development of requirements flowed down by Systems Engineering to develop software architecture and software design.
* Provide input to project schedule, financial and technical goals as assigned
* Monitor program TPM�s, including timing, sizing, and throughput requirements
* Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
* Participate in proposal activities, both cost and technical
* Provide leadership to a team of developers, including tasking assignments, monitoring and mentoring
* Other duties as assigned
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Apply SAVE FOR LATER