Position is for a Principal SW engineer working on a complex system comprised of firmware, embedded, desktop, and server applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
* 8 years of software development and 5 years of C / C software development experience
* Experience architecting and designing networking and event driven software systems and applications using C and C#
* Strong Linux experience creating embedded Linux images, configuration, cross compilation environments, and command line
* Must be hands on willing to take a part equipment to diagnosis complex mechanical/electrical/software related issues
* Experience mentoring junior engineers
* Experience with OOPs and software design patterns
* Experience with Enterprise class networking architecture a plus
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with team members
* Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members
* Must be able to work independently and work well with cross-functional team members
* Must be able to debug and test complex issues in a timely and efficient manner
* Must have experience with defect tracking and configuration management systems
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field from an accredited college or university is required.
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
* Typically requires travel 5-20% of the time
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* This is largely a sedentary role.
* This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
About ICU Medical
ICU Medical is a medical device company that provides infusion therapy, oncology, and critical care products.