Partners Data Systems
Principal Software Engineer
A Principal Software Engineer designates you as a technical master with a high level of ownership and accountability within your Agile team and the Product Development department. You take an active role in designing, reviewing, analyzing, and modifying programming systems. This includes coding, testing and debugging client/server software or web applications and cloud technologies. You are critical in issue resolution during testing and implementation, and may also be involved in build/deployment process management. In fact, many times you are called in to perform technical heroics to get the job done. Paycor expects its leaders to take us into the future. We need you to innovate daily and have the passion to seek out new technologies. This role is both broad and deep and from time to time you will be expected to play a role in systems architecture, application design, database design, software implementation and graphical user interface design. While technical excellence is key, you will also be instrumental in leading the team and be looked at as a role model.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Accountable for the reliability, availability, and scalability of applications
* Communicate effectively with Scrum Master to clearly provide progress updates, roadblocks, and offer suggestions & solutions
* Communicate regularly with the Product Management team to ensure you have a solid understanding of the product map.
* Responsible for ensuring effective integration of software across products, platforms and environments
* Demonstrate coding excellence and be accountable for the overall quality of the application
* Lead the resolution process for technical issues
* Collaboration with the architecture team to ensure technical excellence of the applications
* Responsible for providing support to the operational teams when customer support escalations occur
* Make changes to prevent recurrence, modifying existing code and faulty files, writing and running special programs
* Participate in unit, integration and business acceptance testing
* Identify and document best practices on the application
* Seek out new technologies, pilot them and determine how they fit into Paycor's future
* Provide technical leadership and mentorship to team members
* Prepare and assist with software deployments
* Exercise creativity and latitude to identify solutions
* Bachelor's in related field required and 5+ years of experience in a related area or a Masters and 3+ years of experience in the following areas:
* Experience in a SaaS environment
* Proven experience leading in an Agile environment
* Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within software development.
* Developing high volume transactional applications
* Middleware patterns such as: REST, Class Libraries as a Layer, WCF and/or SOAP Web Services
* Data storage technology such as: Microsoft Entity Framework accessing the data, Relational Databases (SQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.), NoSQL Technologies (Hadoop, Mongo, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.