At Zocdoc you'll balance individual contribution with thought leadership and mentorship, and drive some of our most exciting and complex projects. As a Principal Software Engineer with a data focus, you'll help us build infrastructure for collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge sets of data in batch and streaming pipelines. You will be an influential contributor to the design and implementation of data flows and tools necessary to make key strategic decisions, and power machine learning and personalization within the product.
What you'll do:
* Be an influential contributor working on scaling and enhancing our real-time analytics platform.
* Provide thought leadership and execute on architecture, infrastructure, and internal evangelism.
* Form the vision of and execute on a framework to support business analytics, machine learning algorithms, and research.
* Experience working with with AWS tools like Kinesis (Firehose), Redshift, and Lambda.
* Work closely with the Data Science and Business Intelligence teams to develop data models for research, reporting, and machine learning.
* Build data tooling to enable data lake, data warehouse, and analytics workflows within the AWS cloud (S3, Redshift, DynamoDB, Spark, Kinesis, Kubernetes, ECS, EMR, etc.)
* Contribute to our in-house ecosystem of developer data tools.
* Collaborate with partners across the company to assess data needs and prioritize accordingly. Be proactive about driving data collection and storage best practices.
* Drive adoption of data tools. Give tech talks and demos on the newest capabilities and enhancements to the system.
* Consult on data security, design, and scalability to product engineering teams
* Principal Engineers at Zocdoc set an example that inspires their peers and encourages them to hone their skills and adopt best practices.
* Your passion for technology and ability to think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of software is unparalleled.
* You have successfully mentored other engineers in the past (maybe even managed) and are passionate about leading architecture and design sessions that will make you and your peers better.
* 8+ years engineering experience, 2+ years working with data in the cloud, ideally using AWS.
* Expert in SQL and comfortable designing, writing and maintaining complex SQL based ETL.
* Experience with building large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines; ETL design, implementation, and maintenance.
* Experience with schema design and data modeling, and the analytical skills to QA data and identify gaps and inconsistencies.
* Experience supporting Machine Learning or Business Intelligence teams and products
* Computer Science or related degree preferred
ZocDoc operates an online platform for finding and booking medical appointments in neighborhood.