This position requires valid & current Top Secret (TS) Clearance or Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Clearance with CI or FS polygraph. This role may be based in Reston, VA OR Redmond, WA.
It is a mobile first, cloud first world and we're empowering it. Microsoft Azure is at the heart of the Microsoft Cloud providing the backend infrastructure for Big Data Analytics. Our team within Azure provides the software platform which enables internal Microsoft services (including Office 365, Bing.com, XBOX Live, Skype, and OneDrive) as well as many external customers to run their large-scale mission-critical Data Analytics to drive their businesses.
* 4+ years of experience in coding/scripting/tooling
* Strong problem-solving skills, drive for results, and ability to work independently
* Experienced in working on distributed systems and Open source Big data engines
* Significant experiences in working on large scale internet applications
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph) clearance.
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#AZDAT #ENGGJOBS #AZLX
We are looking for world-class service and software engineers to help us continue to evolve, expand, and define our software platform and infrastructure. Some of the many areas we are tackling are distributed service monitoring, performance metrics collection/analysis and driving efficiency into the Service LiveSite management. This is a fun and fast-paced environment and a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic to Microsoft and extremely relevant in the industry. If you're like us and passionate about building and operating robust, reliable, highly distributed software systems defining the backbone to the Microsoft Cloud, let's talk.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.