Location: Irving, TX
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud-based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help us create, extend, and maintain the core of our connected car software platform as we expand past our current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level.
This position requires that the individual be capable of playing a pivotal role; providing technical guidance and direction the core platform engineering team. This individual will also work closely with all levels of management across the various organizations, researching new technologies and making technical recommendations to help ensure that SiriusXM Connected Vehicles continues to be a thought leader with our industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop requirements and technical specifications for new features and capabilities for the CV platform.
* Develop, maintain, and debug cloud based micro-services.
* Support operational software systems in a multi-tenant, highly available system deployment.
* Identify risks and issues with existing systems and designs and develop risk mitigation and transition strategies.
* Create and maintain technical documentation for the CV platform architecture, services and operating principles.
* Dig in and troubleshoot pre and post production issues.
* Mentorship of associate, mid-level, and senior software engineers, but no direct management responsibilities.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, related field, or equivalent, relevante xperience. Master's preferred.
* 10+ years of experience as a software developer with experience in multiple development languages and platforms delivering multiple commercially deployed products to market.
* 3+ years of experience developing highly scalable and reliable software systems on AWS.
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Mentoring skills and competencies, with an ability to transfer knowledge to junior and senior members of engineering teams.
* Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both verbally and in writing.
* Acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
* A proven history of technical and organizational leadership.
* Proven ability to lead and work within geographically distributed engineering teams.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to quickly assess multifaceted problems and complex situations and recognize patterns to identify and resolve the root cause.
* Occasional international and regional travel.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experienced with shipping commercial products using agile software development methodologies; Scrum and/or Kanban.
* Experience with Cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS, GCP or Azure.
* Experience with Linux, HTTP, REST, JSON and IP technologies.
* Experience with data driven applications and the technologies to manage big data.
* Experience with development in an agile workflow utilizing TDD/BDD best practices in a continuous integration environment.
* Experience with DevOps best practices and ability to establish a continuous deployment pipeline.
* Able to work within a Git/Gitflow-based multi-branched software environment.
* Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.