The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable software engineer with a recent record of successfully developing robust embedded, real-time software executing within challenging hardware and software environments.
* Perform requirements development, design, implementation, integration, and verification of object-oriented, real-time embedded software in C/C++.
* Assist with system integration of the software, using investigation and debugging skills to assess issues and develop solutions.
* Communicate effectively with team members across disciplines, especially with system engineering and program management
* 8+ yrs of experience developing object-oriented software utilizing C/C++.
* Excellent ability to modify, integrate, and troubleshoot software in a complex processing environment.
* Must have an active DOD Secret Clearance.
* US Citizenship.
Current TS clearance strongly preferred
* Experience with all phases of the software development life-cycle
* Competency with Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse IDEs .
* Experience with Green Hills INTEGRITY or VxWorks or other real time operating systems.
* Competency with Subversion.
* Experience with Agile development methods (Scrum).
* Ability to work proactively to complete tasks with minimal oversight and direction.
* Ability to communicate effectively with team members across disciplines, project management, and customers.
Bachelor of Science in STEM degree from accredited university.
* This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons*
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day on of employment* 117962 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.