What you'll be doing...
As part of the Verizon Product team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers' needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions.
* Develop key software components of high quality products.
* Participate in requirement gathering, idea validation, and concept prototyping.
* Design end and end solutions to bring ideas into innovative products.
* Develop/code key software components of products.
* Use agile and iterative methods to demo product features and refine it.
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
* Six or more years of experience in C++/STL
* Solid understanding of and experience programming for various network technologies and protocols
Ideally you will also have:
* Experience writing event driven applications using boost or std asio
* Experience with multi-threaded applications
* Experience with socket programming and TLS
* Experience with PKI
* Experience working with and using open source projects such as openssl, boost C++ library
* Experience with source code management tools
* Experience with Lightweight IP or implementing TCP proxy
* Experience with protobuf, ZeroMQ
* Experience with developing VPN on Desktop/Mobile platforms
* Experience with developing Android or iOS applications with native C++ libraries
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.