Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that's okay. We're not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We're building something that supports people over their lifetime. As Rally Health founder and CEO Grant Verstandig says, "We get to do amazing work every day that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better."
Do you want to work on Rally's newest Product? Advocacy solutions help people get healthy, stay healthy, and manage their conditions with a personalized experience that identifies the best program or plan for their needs. Advocacy helps the user navigate through their healthcare journey and provides guidance every step of the way.
Our digital focus is fundamentally changing the health relationship with the consumer by driving user engagement and rewarding users with incentive plans.
Advocacy solutions are available on web and mobile, and over 50 million consumers have access to our solutions. Our engineers are passionate about building an end-to-end experience that is seamless, performant, and scales to millions of users. If you share a similar passion for technology and are looking to solve hard practical problems, come join us!
At Rally Health we are an engineering driven company, where our technology is modern and agile. We host our microservices-based distributed systems in AWS. Automated processes drive and maintain our quality at the highest level. Some key technologies used are: Angular, React, Scala, Play, Akka, Kafka, Spark, HDFS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Marathon and Jenkins.
* Architect, build and ship highly scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks.
* Drive overall technical vision and architecture
* Lead evaluation of new technologies
* Mentor engineers and keep the engineering bar high
* Be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code.
* Write high quality, fault tolerant code and employ defensive programming techniques to enable distributed transactions and guaranteed message delivery.
* Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring innovative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems.
* You have a strong background in Java or another compiled language, along with expert-level design & development
* You have exposure to or strong interest in learning Scala, or exposure to other functional programming languages
* You have strong unit testing experience (prefer Scalatest/Spec2/ScalaCheck)
* You have commercial experience with distributed, high-performance systems.
* Database and caching experience, SQL and NoSQL (Postgres, Elasticsearch or MongoDB a plus).
* Experience with cloud based services and hosting (AWS EC2, etc.)
* You have experience integrating with third party APIs, and the ability to understand them in various formats
* Experience developing APIs and web microservices
* If you are involved with open source projects, that's a plus
* You are comfortable with Git
* 7+ years of real industry experience
* B.S. degree preferred
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America's diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Rally Health
Rally Health is a consumer-centric digital health company that helps individuals to take care of their health and collaborates with health plans, care providers, and employers to engage consumers.