Location: San Francisco, CA
SiriusXM is looking for a strong collaborative team player to work within our Automatic Labs (Connected Car) division on the Platform Team. The Platform team is responsible for the design and implementation of various microservices within the Automatic Labs Platform. This includes defining detailed technical architecture, working closely with the product team, working closely with other development groups within a larger team (including front-end applications, operations, content tools, analytics and machine learning), analyzing requirements, and positioning them with the development. This individual should be well aware of the ongoing evolution of mobile platforms, data, and distributed systems, and also be aware of the overall technology evolution in the IOT sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design and implement APIs to support both external platform users, as well as internal cross service applications.
* Design and implement real time APIs to support both external platform users, as well as internal cross service communication.
* Identify and eliminate potential performance problems in those APIs including optimizing data stores.
* Improve the reliability and fault tolerance of our infrastructure.
* Provide scalable solutions to handle the large amounts of telematics data we collect including managing large relational datastores, message queues, distributed service architecture.
* Design and implement authentication and authorization for external facing services.
* Facilitate the troubleshooting of pre and post-production issues working closely with the development team.
* Ensure system security externally to protect against a variety of web-based attacks, as well as internally to guard against unintentional data access.
* Ensure collaboration with senior management to help generate task breakdowns, and accurate schedules.
* Adhere to rules established to enforce test driven development, maintaining wiki pages, code style and code group/peer review.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or other technically related field or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 10 years of experience designing and developing applications.
* 7 years of experience in building scalable backend applications.
* Fluency in Python or equivalent high-level OOP language.
* Working knowledge of relational databases.
* Comfortable taking the lead on projects and working without lots of oversight.
* Familiarity with deploying applications on top of Amazon Web Services.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Ability to effectively work cross functionally in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous work environment.
* Strong organization skills.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Motivated to learn new technologies.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to self-prioritize, and work under shifting deadlines.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* 7+ years of working experience in Python or similar high level OOP language.
* Demonstrable skills in designing/deploying a scalable environment using 3rd party cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.).
* Experience working with large scale relational, distributed databases (PostgreSQL is a plus).
* Strong comprehension of web services and service oriented architecture.
* Strong comprehension of high availability, multi-tier, mission critical system design.
* Working knowledge of microservices, message oriented middleware, nginx.
* Experience with non-relational datastores.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.