What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities' hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it's also one of the world's least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That's why we're looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Principal Software Engineer on Procore's BIM (Building Information Modeling) team, you'll help pioneer the next phase of 3D modeling, using automation to drive efficiencies for construction projects. BIM is a 3D model-based process that allows intelligent detailed data to be shared across all phases of construction projects. In this role, you'll work with cutting edge technologies, building prototypes, and moving them successfully into production environments.
This position is based at our office location in Alameda, CA. We're looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you'll do:
* Work with the latest languages and platforms, Metal API, WebGPU, ARkit, Unity
* Research and develop the latest technologies including but not limited to Computer Vision, AI, AR/VR, Visual Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (VSLAM), Visual Inertial Odometry (VIO)
* Be an inventor - opportunity to invent and file industry changing patents
* Opportunity to learn new methods and concepts and build software that will improve efficiency and speed for the construction industry
What we're looking for:
* BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required
* MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
* 10+ years of experience in Object Oriented Program fundamentals, Test Driven Development, and Design principle
* Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
* Experience with mobile development in Android, iOS, or other constrained mobile environments
* Experience with sensor accuracy, calibration, and fusion
* Experience with Augmented Reality including Computer Vision, Computational Geometry, Visual Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (VSLAM), Visual Inertial Odometry (VIO), and/or Image Processing, etc.
* Understanding of hardware and how it interfaces with software
* Ability to think independently and solve complex problems
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits:
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions-both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.
About Procore Technologies
Procore Technologies is a company that develops a cloud-based construction management software application.